Wednesday 20 January 2016

Progress Log: Photo editing-- BEFORE and AFTER




BEFORE :
  

AFTER:

The first photo that I have edited is a photo of the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. The Burj Khalifa is actually the tallest building in the world which is why I think this would be a great idea for the front cover. I took this shot back in October when I went to Dubai. However I have now edited it to make it look a lot more professional and clearer. Before the colours in the photo are blended in together meaning it wasn't as clear, this is why I decided to put an effect on the picture. The picture has now been brightened up and contrasted a lot better. The Burj Khalifa also stands out a lot better meaning hopefully it will easily catch the readers attention. The dark background can also easily allow me to put font around it in order to make it look like a magazine. 


BEFORE :

AFTER:

This photo was also taken in Dubai looking over the Dubai Marina. I used the software Instagram when editing this picture. The first thing I wanted to do with this image was to make the picture a lot more clearer. This means that it will be a lot easier for the readers to see what is in the background for example all of the amazing buildings. I then brightened the image up meaning it made the marina look a lot nicer. It also made the colours look amazing for example the blue colours in the background look really good. The fact that the girl is looking over out at sea can have many connotations which link in with my trailer. The readers could come up with many different ideas about what she is thinking about for example she could be thinking about where her parents are and why they have brought her here and if she is ever going to actually find them. But overall I am really pleased with the after image. 



No comments:

Post a Comment